Steven A. Bloom bring more than 30 years of legal experience to Arrowood Helbert PLLC. Mr. Bloom was formerly the head of the Trusts & Estates Practice of the Phoenix Office of Greenberg Traurig, LLP, an international law firm with over 800 attorneys. Prior to that, Mr. Bloom worked as an associate with the international law firm, Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue (currently, Jones Day) in their tax department.
Areas of Experience:
- Preparation of estate plans and related documents, frequently involving advanced gift, estate, and GST tax planning as well as income tax planning;
- Wealth preservation planning for professionals and closely held business owners;
- Probate and administration of trusts and estates of various complexities;
- Planning for closely held businesses, including preparation of LLC operating agreements, shareholder agreements (for owners of corporations), buy-sell agreements and succession planning documents;
- Charitable tax planning, including the preparation of charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts and private foundations; and
- Non-qualified deferred compensation planning.
Ultra high net worth representation. Provided estate and tax planning advice and trust drafting in connection with a very large estate involving the complex interplay of U.S. and European tax laws;
Provided estate, tax and asset protection planning for several clients in anticipation of their companies going public, utilizing sophisticated wealth preservation and transfer tax techniques, including combinations of grantor retained annuity trusts and sales to irrevocable trusts;
Provided structure for owners of public company to defer gain on sale of low basis stock and obtain a current income tax deduction, coupled with pre-sale corporate reorganization transaction; and
Provided advanced tax and trusts & estates planning, including charitable trust and foundation planning, for a number of professional athletes.